Read Rats of Nymh- up to page 120 by the end of the week.
"Never" poem- was due today. Now late!
Study your X's tables
Daily Geography Skills- Make sure week 6 & 7 are finished/redone- late!!
CFJC were here today to film our class working on their Remembrance Day art work. As well, some students discussed the meaning behind their posters and what the day means to them. It will be on the news tonight at 5:00, 6:30, and 11:00. As well, it will be aired on Remembrance day (November 11th) at 6:00 as well as on November 12th at 5:30.
Order forms were sent home today for Senor Froggy's. The lunch is for next Wednesday and order forms are due back this Thursday!
1. Never Poem, colored- due Monday.
2. Read Rats Of Nimh to page 100 by Monday if possible.
3. Study Multiplication!
4. 9:00 AM- CFJC here to film about Remembrance Day art and meaning. Wear something nice?
5. Thanks so much to all parents that sent in such great snacks and treats! Leftovers given out Monday.
6. Mrs. Kossey in fro Monday and Tuesday, maybe Thursday. Sub in Friday. I am in Vancouver at Children's Hospital.
7. There may not be a blog part of the week.
1. STUDY MULTIPLICATION!! Thanks!! Scores are improving!
2. Party snack if possible, costume if desired, 2 candy treats to go in raffle if you like.
3. Math quiz signed and returned. Retest for some Friday AM.
4. Never poem- pics and color-due Monday, Oct. 29.
5. There may not be a blog next week as I am absent. Students will continue to write agendas as usual so that you can look there. Thanks.
Daily Geography Skills (DGS)- Week 6- Complete if not yet finished!!! Many students are taking this home again to redo and hand in for remarking.
Writing- Nouns Quiz tomorrow with Mrs. Abraham- Study!!!!!
Science- Projects (posters) are due next Wednesday. There will be no more class time given to work on this. If not complete, organize a time to complete with your partner (ie: lunch time, after school, the weekend....)
Social Studies- The students were given a vocabulary test today. They are bringing home these tests for you to see their mark. Please sign their agendas on the appropriate line if you have seen their score.
Scholastic book orders!
Pizza Day Friday!
Toilet paper and 2 Halloween candy treats!
Class Halloween party this Friday. You may also dress up in your costume for Halloween (next Wednesday).
1. Halloween Party is this Friday...sorry if I wrote Thursday on a previous blog! Prepare costume if you choose, snacks if you can bring, 1 roll of toilet paper if permitted and 2 treats if you want to go in candy raffle.
2. Spelling test- Unit 3- study cue card for Friday.
3. Quiz- nouns-Thursday-look over your grammar duotang.
4. STUDY MULTIPLICATION SKILLS!!! Pg 76 Math-due Thurs. Most students finished.
5. I will be absent from Monday, Oct. 29th until Friday, Nov. 2. I am not sure I will be able to check e-mails at that time. Sorry.
6. Scholastic orders-due Friday, Oct. 26.
1. Scholastic and pizza orders!
2. Please send 2 Halloween treats for our treat raffle and 1 roll of toilet paper for our games Friday, if possible.
3. Spelling unit 3 sentences- due Tueday.
4. Spelling first test of year- this Friday- study cue cards we made.
5. Friday Halloween party- remember food brought by 10:30 please, and costume, if you want to wear one.
1. 3-5 good copies Haikus- due Monday...most students are already done and have handed them in.
2. Study MULTIPLICATION tables 10 minutes per day, every day! Thanks!
3. Pizza/scholastic orders- due Oct. 23
4. First draft of the NEVER poem- due Monday- most students have handed this in.
5. French Body parts assignment-not due yet- optional.
6. Rats of Nimh- read to page 70- most have passed this page.
7. Class Halloween Party- Oct. 25th- wear or bring costume to school if you like. Games and Prizes between recess and lunch. Please send a snack plate of fruit, vegetables, muffins, cookies, cupcakes, or treats. We run each day and do exercises, so we encourage a balance of healthy and a little junk food.
8. Please try to send 2 mini Halloween treats by Friday next week. We will put them all in a bag with treats from Mrs. A, and we will raffle the whole bag of treats to one lucky student.
HOMEWORK: Current Events: Sadie, Nick, Ellie, Jacob Daily Geography Skills (DGS) Week 6- If not yet completed Socials: Hannah & Nickolas sheet- Complete Chapter 1 & 2 vocab quiz next Wednesday. Use the Study sheet to practice! Science: Work on poster / project if falling behind. We have 2 hours next Wednesday to work on it as well!
Pizza orders went home today- they are due back next Tuesday.
Scholastic book orders went home today as well. They are due on Friday!
1. Poster Boards and cut outs- due Tuesday
2. MULTIPLICATION- study 15 minutes per night!!
3. Paragraph #4- due Thursday- most students are done
4. Math, pg 71- #1-20- due Wed. - most students are done.
5. Math Multiples Quiz out of 7- corrections and parents' signature- due Thursday.
6. No school Friday!
1. Spelling sentences for Unit 3- due Tuesday, Oct. 16. Tests start next week, and will be on Fridays.
2. Math pg 69- individual quantity as Mrs. Abraham directed in cass- due Tuesday, Oct. 16.
3. STUDY MULTIPLICATION SKILLS!!!!! This is one of the only skills that students MUST take extra time for memorizing at home. We have been practising each day at school, but some students need way more practice at home, in the car, wherever!! Thank you!!
1. Poster Boards for Science- Mrs. Abraham will buy them with some of your ten dollar donation, unless your child wants a fancy color.
2. 1st Haiku- Good copy colored and due Monday, Oct. 15
3. 2nd, 3rd and 4th Haikus- first drafts due Friday, Oct. 12; most kids have handed in already.
4. Grammar quiz on nouns, verbs and pronouns- Friday, Oct. 12- we mainly studied in class, but I told kids to bring books home and check over.
5. Pg 59 Math- evens only- due Friday, Oct. 12; most kids done or almost done.
6. Gum Day Friday- If you do not bring any, Mrs. A will give you a piece. In class chewing only!
Science: Bring in pictures from your computer and/or magazines pertaining to your topic. (IE: healthy food, no smoking, exercise).
Also, please bring in a poster board for next Wednesday- any colour!!!
** Photo orders are due in Friday
** Halloween Dance notices were sent home- return filled out if you are attending!
1. Photo money due: Friday.
2. Special Day Friday in class only: Gum Day.
3. x quiz plus 2 math tests marked- corrections plus signed, due: Thursday.
4. Place Values Quiz #3!!!! Study! Thursday.(ones, tens, hund., thous., etc).
1. Poetry/Novel Study title Pages- due Tuesday
2. Read novel to page 40 by Tuesday.
3. Poetry- Try to type/draw/color your Haikus(at least one) by Tuesday. This is a long term project with 15 expected poems. This project will be due in early December. Try to stay on schedule!
4. Happy Thanksgiving! I am sure I will enjoy reading your "Being Thankful" paragraphs while I eat my turkey.
5. Photo choices plus money due next week.
6. $10.00 fee if possible if you have not already paid.
1. Grammar- Contractions and Capitals worksheets- due Friday
2. Paragraph- Being thankful-due Friday
3. Poetry and novel Study title pages- due Monday
4. Math quiz- Rounding and review( st.form, expanded from, etc)-Friday
5. French-Body parts- Due next Thursday
6. $10.00 fee if possible, plus e-mail contact info.
7. email@example.com if questions ever!
8. If your child is falling behind with homework (5 or more assignments overdue), I will contact you. Most of the above work should be done in class!
9. Special Friday- Show and Tell or You Tube choice.
1. French Quiz-Thursday-study
2. Math-Rounding Quiz- Friday
3. Poetry and Novel Study Title Pages-due Monday
4. Rats of Nimh-Read to page 40 by Monday
5. Currents Events students this week- be ready!
6. E-mails and $10.00 fee- due ASAP. Thanks!
7. Show and Tell Friday, including YOUtube video if authorized by teacher ahead!
8. Secret word to see if student is reading- la bouche
1. Study times tables. Get quiz signed. Finish 3, 6, 7, 8 times tables on back.
2. Spelling. Cool Unit due Tuesday, Oct. 2.
3. Paragraph on chores- due Tuesday. Try to get parents, if possible, to check criteria and help edit(maybe choose spelling as a focus today). Sign if possible.
4. $10.00 fee ASAP, if possible-see newsletter
5. French Quiz- numbers 1-10, days, months. Use cue card and study for Thursday.
6. Special Day Friday= Show and tell. Choose regular show and tell or a YOUTUBE video which will be previewed by Mrs. Abraham.