Friday 17 April 2015

Thursday and Friday, April 16 and 17

1.  Thank you to the parents that were able to drive to our Science Center field trip; The students indicated that they really liked the Star Dome.  They may start calling me Medusa.
2.  Measurement test #2- next Tuesday- study the 6 steps in order to convert units.  This is not easy and the students are doing a great job!  We will study fractions after Measurement, in about 2 weeks.
3.  Provinces and Capitals test Review  #4- Study for Wednesday.  Kids can also be studying/researching their countries at home for their SS Project (not due until start of June).  They have a duo tang where they keep their notes.  I will provide the password for home to get into WORLDBOOK for kids off of our McGowan website.
4.  Spring Production- April 23 and 24- If your child cannot make the night performances, please make sure you write me a note or mail me so I know where we will have empty spots.  On those 2 nights, I allow Electronics of any sort( but pls do not bring your XBOX or PS3!).  The class will be locked when we leave to perform and then unlocked again to retrieve our electronics; unfortunately, I cannot take any responsibility for lost or damaged products.  There will also be art and a movie on.  Feel free to send snacks and drinks with your child.  Pls pick your child up outside the classroom right when the play is finished, as I leave immediately following the play.
5.  SPCA/JDRF donations- Thank you so much!  Many kids already brought in their donations and we did 40 draws today; they enjoyed their stuffies, books, toys or treats.  I will collect again next week and have draws, but I told the kids not to bug parents for more money, as many have already brought in a lot of loose change. We have collected over $100.00 so far!  Thanks also for the old towels, dog and cat toys and balls.
6.  We do Grammar worksheets each morning.  If they do not hand them in, they must insert into Grammar duotang for when I collect every 2 or 3 weeks.  This is just a check for completion and students study from these sheets for  quizzes and tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment