Thursday 15 October 2015

Thursday, Oct. 15

1.  Study multiplication for accuracy AND speed.  Thanks...scores are improving a ton!
2.  Study for Spelling test.
3.  French test on numbers 1 to 10, body parts and colors-next thursday AM.
4.  Extra Math group- due Friday
5.  Special Friday- Fruits and Vegetables and maybe a movie.
6.  Students should have all 4 or 6 Haikus typed, drawn and colored, plus they should have handed in their typed first drafts of Alliterations and Limericks.

A couple notes:

1.  I have3 or 4 students each morning telling me at 8:25 that they cannot run.  Or sometimes, even walk.  I am fine with kids running or walking in the AM, as long as we are getting exercise and pumped for the day.  But I would really appreciate a note from a doctor or parent if students are going to be permitted to sit (and do a worksheet now). Agenda note or e-mail is fine; I do not need a long explanation.   If this is the case, Mrs. Oryschak will not be able to allow them to participate in Gym class either.

2.  I have had a few requests for retests.  I cannot give retests any more; it takes up too much time away from the group of 29 students and regular duties of marking and prepping. It takes considerable time to make  new tests, administer new tests, find a place for students to take a new test, mark new tests and review new tests. I sincerely hope you understand.  If I get time during silent reading, I try to call students up who have not scored well on a test and review with them and then offer them a few questions to show me they now understand the concept.  This understanding is noted in my mark book.  If they still do not understand, then I try to send practice questions home or see if our highly in demand support worker can come work with a student one to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment